Filtering can be used in both simple and active folders (with and without a workflow and also in the attachment area of the entries).
Once you have chosen a filter for one or more fields a red filter icon appears at the top of the field or fields (columns) where filtering is used.
There are several ways to reset or turn off filtering:
- There is a Reset filter button in the bottom right corner of the web page
- Uncheck the checkbox for the filter(s) you want to turn off by clicking on the column header
- Click on the gear icon above the list of entries or files and choose Clear filters
There are different kinds of filters
Text filters can be used in several ways, both in simple folders and in the list of attachments inside the entries. Here are some examples:
- For files
- Filenames/parts of filenames (e.g. "plan")
- File extension (e.g. "pdf")
- All or parts of words (e.g. "Control")
Greater than, Less than or Equal
Can be used for file size or number fields in active folders, e.g. View files larger than 2 MB
E.g. View entries for which Peter Project manager or Constantine Construction worker are set as responsible.
Before, After and On
E.g. Show files that were modified on the 24th of June 2015
E.g. View document of the meeting types "Planning Meeting" and "Workshop".