The Visual Boards client may be initiated in one of two ways from the Interaxo client:
- Via the Visual board button on the active folder.
The Question board is by default presented.
- By clicking the Visual boards main menu in a room.
All visual boards for the room in question are presented.
The Visual Boards (VB) user interface consists of the following parts:
- Top bar
- Main menu on the left hand side
- The content pane showing the actual information
- The workflow steps pane to the right
The Top bar includes the following items:
- the expand main menu button (when the menu is collapsed)
- the board name
- the user's avatar (not included yet)
- the LOG OUT function
- a link to the Help Center
The main menu can be collapsed (if more space is needed for the information) and expanded. By default the starting page shows all available boards. unless a board has been selected, the only main menu option visible is Boards.
The main menu contains the following options:
The content pane shows the questions in different ways depending on the selected view:
- By selecting the Question Board option from the main menu, a grid with the from- and to- disciplines in the Y- and X- axes respectively is presented. Questions in a cell in the grid is represented by a folder icon showing the number of questions in it.
- The Weekly view presents all questions on a timeline where the columns represents week numbers. A question's week number is determined by the Answer due date.
- The Question list view presents all questions consecutively as a list with one question per line.
- The Milestone list view lists all milestones in related milestone folders
- The Delivery list view lists all deliveries (not implemented yet)
- The Decision log option lists all approved questions in the same way as the List option.
The workflow steps pane will only be visible in the grid view, and will always contain at least
- The container holding new, unanswered questions
- Decision log container, showing the number of approved questions
Remaining steps in the workflow will also be listed, listing all questions currently contained within each step.